Oil heat is safe.
We don’t see energy use as “oil vs. green solutions.” People need choices. So we encourage consumers to make intelligent, informed decisions regarding their sources of energy. While oil, like any energy source, has its drawbacks, it has a very practical side, too. And, used in conjunction with other energy it can compliment these sources to provide a complete system that provides heat along with the peace of mind of integrating green alternatives.
Below are some choices for supplementing oil heat.
- Heat Pumps integrated with oil or propane systems.
- Solar thermal integration with oil and gas units
- Propane heaters
- Liquid biofuels that work with your existing system
- Wood burning stoves & pellet stoves
- Ultra low sulfur heating oil – cleaner, more efficient, lower maintenance
- Small wind (designed for residential use) to reduce your electric bill
Hybrid solutions: a smart mix for the winter mix.
If it’s time to upgrade your existing water heater and boiler, instead of just replacing it, you can now get single high-efficiency systems that combine heat and hot water with a single high efficiency appliance to maximize efficiency in all seasons, with the additional benefits of virtually unlimited hot water.